At the beginning of this content, we want to define our position. It is not for teaching you how to steal images of others removing watermarks, rather the motif of sharing the technique of removing watermarks in Photoshop is to make you known how you can reuse already watermarked images that you own.
For different purposes, you may want to use the same photo again instead of arranging another photo-shoot. But you have given watermarks on the images in Photoshop. In that case, you can use the vanishing watermark technique utilizing the fantastic Photoshop tools.
We will try to present a real-time work step by step so that you can clearly understand the way to removing watermarks. We are directing the experiment in Photoshop CC to get the best Photoshopping output.
1. Open an image containing a watermark in Photoshop to remove the watermark. Look at the below image. We are going to remove the before-after marks and the watermark as well.
2. To remove the before-after marks, at your first attempt, take a selection tool. Here, we are taking the Rectangular marquee tool to make a selection of the ‘before’ marks.
3. Press the right button from your mouse on the selection and click on the Fill option. You can go to Edit from the top bar and click on the Fill option from the dropdown option.
4. Once you click on the Fill option, you will get another dialogue box. Select the Content-Aware option and click on the OK. Now see the magic.
Then, what happened here? The Content-Aware option is the brother of the Clone Stamp tool where we manually take a sample and fill the area we want to remove or hide. The same process is happening here automatically. Content-Aware is sampling the same color from its around and filling the area. Thus, we’ve got a clean area or whatever result we expected.
Now let’s remove the watermark applying the same process of Content-aware.
5. Zoom the image until it gets distorted.
6. Take Lasso tool here in lieu of the Rectangular marquee tool since the edges of the watermarks are not straight as it was in case of before-after marks that we removed earlier.
7. Using the Lasso tool, select the watermark part-by-part and apply the Content-aware option to fill the area with the necessary color. Do the work patiently and spend time to gain the best result. See the below snapshot that we have worked on and removed the watermark successfully.
However, the above image is the result of our tutorial. What we have discussed so far, we think, is enough to make you understand the process of removing a watermark. If you want to remove watermark or any other spots, texts including unwanted objects, you can go the same process that we have shown here. Just you have to maintain our step by step guideline.
If you yet fail to kick out watermark from your images, you can send us. We can remove any marks from any images. Our company Lazy Mask will work for you to remove anything unwanted from your image utilizing object removing service.